- lower in overall fat (thus calories, too)
- lower in saturated fat
- higher in Omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to be valuable in promoting heart health and preventing diabetes
- lower in harmful Omega-6 fatty acids
- higher in valuable vitamins and minerals, including vitamin E, the B vitamins thiamin and riboflavin, as well as calcium, potassium and magnesium
- higher in conjugated linoleic acids, or CLAs, which may have powerful cancer-fighting properties.
We also saw today at this farm how the moms give birth to the calves and then are weened naturally, always being somewhat near the calves after weening and then separated, so they can still smell them. Then they go to a nearby pasture where they can still hear them. I loved seeing that firsthand!